The items you see in the Secret Folder window are just aliases representing the original items present in your disk. It is possible, in some circumstances, that aliases loose the link to the original items.
In order to recover not listed and hidden items, do as follows:
- If you don't have Secret Foldes installed on your computer, download it the latest version from this page: https://www.apimac.com/downloads/
- Launch the downloaded app.
- Press and hold the Option-key of the keyboard and in the "+" button (highlighted in the image below).
- On the dialog window that pop-ups you will be able to select either a visible or an invisible folders and files, locate and select the files or folders that you want to make visible (please note that items contained in a invisible folder are themselves invisible, so if a file is located in an invisible folder, to make the file visible you just need to make visible the folder that contains that file). Also, please note that the names of invisible items could begin with a dot.
- Make visible the items you chose using the Visible/Invisible switch button in the main window of the app.
Please note that Secret Folder app uses the standard functionality of macOS to make files and folders invisible. The files and folders that are hidden, remain in the same place they were in when they were visible, and they move when you move the folders that contain them and are also copied and deleted along with the folders that contain them.
Also notice that all the files and folders contained in a folder made invisible are themselves invisible. For example if a file is located in an invisible folder, to make the file visible you need first to make visible the folder that contains the file.
- After a Time Machine restore I can't see my hidden files
- How Secret Folder works
- Spotlight shows hidden folders