- Small text: use small text fields to store characters of letters, symbols, and numbers used as text in a single line of text without scrolling bar.
- Large text: use large text fields to store characters of letters, symbols, and numbers used as text in a multi line of text with scrolling bar.
Number: use number fields to store integers and decimal numbers. If the entered numbers do not require automatic calculations in a Calculation field, it would be preferable to use text fields also to store numbers because text fields allow more freedom in what you can type.
- Date: use date fields to store dates.
- Time: use time fields to store time.
- Date and time: use Date and Time fields to store a date and time together to reference a fixed point in calendar time.
- Image: use image fields to store images.
- Choice: use choose fields to present a list of mutually exclusive choices. Item picker fields are used as a means of selecting one choice from a list of two or many.
Calculation Field: use calculation fields to present the result of a arithmetic operation between number fields content. A calculation field can be a result of addition, multiplication, ratio and subtraction.
- Email: use Email fields to store email addresses.
- Link: use Web link fields to store web links, FTP addresses or other URLs.
- Checkbox: use checkboxes fields to indicate one option that must be either on or off.
- Password: use password fields to store passwords or any other sensible text data.
- Phone: use phone fields to store phone numbers.
There is also a special item called Separator: use separators to divide a record into distinct visual parts.